I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Jeanny! This is a pretty cool award to help you discover new blogs and make connections in the blogging community. Thanks for the nomination!
Update: Almost as soon as I posted this Beckie (one of my nominees below) also posted one and nominated me. I’m going to also add her questions down below Jeanny’s.
As with awards there are rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
We know how I feel about rules … but I’ll give these an honest go.
Here are the 11 questions Jeanny gave (I really like these questions!)
- How are you coping with life right now? I’m doing alright, Christmas is coming up and that’s a busy season for me at work. I’ve just been trying to keep my head on straight.
- How’s your blogging so far? I definitely can not complain here. I get to write and people actually read it (!!!!). I also get to write with some pretty amazing people over at The Perfectly Imperfect Bunch (shameless plug).
- How much do you love traveling? I love traveling. I can’t imagine living my life and not seeing everything I could possibly see in this world.
- How many countries have you been? Not as many as I want yet, only 5.
- Are you a foodie? 100% yes.
- What are you favorite food? I don’t really have one although I’ll never turn down pizza … or curry … or red beans
- What’s your most adventurous experience? I don’t really know … I got “lost” in Venice. Well, as lost as you can get in Venice which isn’t very. I’m a big fan of landing in places and just wandering around. I took a cab in Croatia which isn’t really adventurous but my cab mate was certain we were going to get sold hostel style … We didn’t but that made it interesting.
- Do you like themed park rides? No. Well, let me clarify, I’m scared of heights so rollercoasters and things like that are out.
- Would you sleep in a hostel with strangers? I would if it were just me or me and a group of friends, probably not if it were me and my daughter.
- Would you travel with someone you just met? Depends? Someone I met on the street? No.
- What’s the most inspiring book you have read? I don’t know if it’s the most inspiring but one I haven’t been able to get out of my head lately is called The Solitude of Prime Numbers. I read it a couple of years ago but it’s a favorite of mine.
- When did you begin your blog? I started it about 2 years ago but posted very randomly up until May/June this year.
- What and/or Who inspired you to become a writer? I don’t really have an answer for this. Writing is just something I’ve always done, I don’t remember anyone or anything specific that pushed me towards it at any point.
- What country are you writing from? The US
- What is your favorite thing to write and why? It varies with how I feel. Sometimes I like to try poetry (a lot lately), I feel like I’m best at small pieces of fiction/flash fiction.
- Do you ever suffer from writer’s block, and if so, how do you overcome it? Yes, sometimes I write stuff until something comes back, sometimes I just let it run it’s course.
- Do you find my questions to be annoying? Be honest now… No!
- Have you ever had doubts after you spent a great deal of time on a post, then regret hitting publish? Yes! But once I publish something I usually leave it published.
- Have you ever had an encounter with an unruly commenter? And, if so, how did you handle them? I can’t say that I have, everyone I’ve encountered over wordpress has been super nice.
- If a new blogger asked you for advice on their blog, what would be the first suggestion you would give them? Just write what you want, there’s an audience out there for everything.
- Have you ever won an award here on WordPress? Yes.
I’m going to skip 11 facts – see above.
- Grabbety – I 99.9% certain he’s done this one before but I enjoy his blog so he’s nominated again.
- Beckie – Has probably also done this before.
- Short-Prose-Fiction – Lovely
- Tea & Paper
- Fortunately Human
- A Voice from Iran
- Jay Pines
- Writer in Retrospect
And 11 questions … I’m going to reuse Jeanny’s. They were pretty good ones.
- How are you coping with life right now?
- How’s your blogging so far?
- How much do you love traveling?
- How many countries have you been?
- Are you a foodie?
- What are you favorite food?
- What’s your most adventurous experience?
- Do you like themed park rides?
- Would you sleep in a hostel with strangers?
- Would you travel with someone you just met?
- What’s the most inspiring book you have read?